The use of personal water craft has been banned at a number of locations on the North Coast.
Our only way of keeping Benone open and getting back into other areas is by having a safe mature attitude while operating our craft.
This does not mean we can't have fun - all we need to do is follow a few simple rules.
- Safety FirstWear a life jacket and ensure it is the correct size for you.
- Always ensure you are riding on the right side.
- Do not drink alcohol.
- Do not speed near docks or shore
- NO JETSKING in or around swimmers at ZONE B or other water users - At Benone we are designated Zone A which is to the left of the slipway. Travel 100 meteres off shore if going right towards Downhill.
- Do not throw litter away - this in an offence!
- Do not disturb the navigation of large vessels, fishing boats or sailing boats -
keep 100m away from the Foyle ferry!
- Above all be safe and be sensible!
The law states the 'pilot' of a personal water craft is the captain of their own vessel and therefore bound by maratime law.
Any behaviour which is a direct breech of this law or regarded as being unsafe will be reported to H.M. Coastguard and or Limavady Council who will take immediate action.
Remember we want to keep on enjoying our sport - but it only takes one idiot to ruin it.
If you see anything that seems wrong - report it